Peony 'Sarah Bernhardt'

Peony 'Sarah Bernhardt'

Friday, February 29, 2008

Spicy Toasted Pecans

I got this recipe from epicurious.com and cooked up a batch for my Christmas Eve Party. They were so delicious I've been making them ever since and eat them as a great mid-day snack. I think I love them so much because they remind me of the flavors in the "chex-mix" my mom whipped for family holiday get-togethers during my childhood.

In Health,
Miss Jolie Ann


Spicy Toasted Pecans
Yields 2.5 cups
3 tbsp organic butter
1/2 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce (try Annie's brand)
1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/4 tsp organic black pepper
1/4 tsp organic sea salt
2.5 cups organic pecan halves (about 10 oz.)
Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees
Melt butter in a sauce-pan over moderate heat, then stir in the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, pepper and salt. Remove pan from the heat and add the pecans, tossing to coat well.
Spread pecan mixture in one layer on a baking sheet or shallow baking pan. Bake until fragrant and a shade darker, about 8-10 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Once cooled they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments: