Oatmeal Spelt Muffins with Banana & Blueberries
Original Recipe by Miss Jolie Ann
Yields about 9 muffins
These muffins are so easy to make and actually good for you too! You may notice these muffins have no sugar, honey, etc. The ripe bananas & blueberries sweeten them and really who needs all that sugar anyways? I love um just warmed up with some melted butter. Mmmm so good for breakfast. Enjoy!
Miss Jolie Ann
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen (thawed)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 brown egg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a muffin pan.
2. Place oatmeal in a large mixing bowl. Sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix all dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl combine the bananas, blueberries, oil and egg. Stir until mixed.
4. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix until just combined.
5. Pour batter into greased muffin pan. About 1/4 cup batter per muffin.
6. Bake in 375 degree oven for 18 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy warm with butter.