Peony 'Sarah Bernhardt'

Peony 'Sarah Bernhardt'

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Pea Planting-Update

A few weeks ago I posted that I got started with my late winter garden seed planting-snow peas, snap peas, and 2 varities of radishes. Following my planting, this last week we had beautiful weather in Portland-sunny & high's around 55-60 degrees. It was incredible. This morning I noticed that my radish seeds had finally shot up little seedlings. Portland weather is unpredictable and to my dismay this afternoon's rain turned into a 20 minute heavy hail storm. Yikes! My raised garden beds were completely covered in a layer of white icy hail. I thought for sure my tiny new radish seedlings were goners. But, now it's 3 hours later and all the hail is melted. Radish seedlings are still standing. Fingers crossed they will continue to grow and thrive because I can't wait for home grown radishes and peas in another month!

Wishes for Beautiful Health,
Miss Jolie Ann

No comments: