Peony 'Sarah Bernhardt'

Peony 'Sarah Bernhardt'

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grilled Asparagus Bruschetta with Chevre & Tapenade


Hi folks,

First I must declare this recipe is not my own and I have no idea where it came from. I found it stuffed inside my recipe journal. It's on paper printed from my Deskjet and so I'm assuming I downloaded it off of an internet site. Once I figure out where it came from I'll happily credit the author. Until then, please enjoy another asparagus recipe...

In Health,
Miss Jolie Ann

Grilled Asparagus Bruschetta with Chevre and Tapenade
Serves 4
30 minutes or less

2 tbsp. olive oil plus extra for drizzling
1 lb. asparagus, tough ends trimmed and spears peeled and blanched
4 slices Italian country bread, cut 1/2-inch thick
1 large clove garlic, peeled and sliced
1 tsp tapenade, or more to taste
4 oz. mild chevre such as Montrachet cheese
1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a ridged grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook, turning frequently, until tender and golden brown. Remove from the pan, and set aside.

2. Rub both sides of bread with cut side of garlic. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to a ridged grill pan or skillet, and heat over medium heat. Place bread in pan, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crisp. Remove from pan, and let stand until cool enough to handle.

3. Spread 1 teaspoon tapenade on one side of each bread slice. Top tapenade with 1 ounce chevre with asparagus, cut to fit bread. Scatter olives over top, drizzle with olive oil and season with black pepper. Cut in half, and serve warm.

No comments: