Peony 'Sarah Bernhardt'

Peony 'Sarah Bernhardt'

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cucumber-Rosemary Infused Water

Good afternoon gardening friends!

I don't know about you, but when temperatures are in the 90s I am seeking any cooling comfort I can find. One way to stay hydrated and beat the heat is with delicious and simple infused water. Today I made cucumber-rosemary infused water. This technique would also be delicious with other fruits and herbs.



I harvested a cucumber fresh from the garden-washed, peeled and sliced it. I used one long stem of rosemary-washed and broke it in half. Pile into a half gallon mason jar and fill with water. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours to chill and obtain good flavor. Strain out cucumber slices and rosemary. Serve with ice.

Some other fruit and herb ideas:
Lemon or Lime
Mint-apple mint, chocolate mint, pineapple mint, spearmint, peppermint
Thyme-english, lemon, lime
Basil-italian, licorice, cinnamon, lemon

I hope you are staying cool and enjoying your summer. Happy gardening! Jolie

No comments: